Thursday, February 23, 2012

Somebody please talk me off this ledge!!

I've been having a major burst of insanity! I have this intense desire to start placing a few stitches in each one of the projects I have kitted up. (More than 20, I'm sure.) I can't explain why I want to do this. I don't really have time to do this with all my RR deadlines. My logical mind is telling me not to. I even have a good reason not to...what if I change my mind about my fabrics? But, even with all these perfect reasons not to, my fingers are getting twitchy, and I keep fondling all of my fabrics. (I am a convicted fabric fondler. >blush< )

Why do I want to do this? Have you ever had these urges? What do you do about them?

Eeeeeek! I have to keep telling myself to walk away from the craftroom closet. Just walk away.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL - been there, done that. I even yearn to start some that are not even kitted up yet. It is a sickness. My name is Beth and I am a stitchaholic and a stashaholic!

Ginny said...

I did this last year. I am usually 1 project at a time girl and last year I was so caught up in what everyone was doing-pick a bunch of projects-work on each for a week or 2 and then rotate them. Let's say it didn't go well for me. Now I have about 14 projects started and it's driving me crazy knowing that many projects are sitting there un-finished. Plus I joined the Mirabilia RR and LOVE IT! Other people's unfinished projects and I don't see mine again until it is finished :o) gotta love that. I too am a stitch-a-holic and stash-a-holic, though I haven't become a fabric addict, yet...Ha! It's a disease, Stitchywoman. Accept it. Ha!

Melanie said...

I'm finding that my addiction to starts is worse than I thought, as well. I started the year with the intention of only working on WIPs, and so far I've already had three new starts! Granted, two are already finished, but still!

So, I feel your pain! ;)

Andie said...

Oh I so know how you feel! Generally I say to myself ok you can when.... and set a goal, normally by the time the goal is met the urge has gone and if it hasn't I pick 1 and start that :D

Joysze said...

Well, seeing as how I'm way behind on catching up with blogs, i hope you haven't done any of that!!! ;)